Monday, December 21, 2015

The Truth About True Love

We've all got it. You know what I'm talking about; the love bug. We've got it. Whether we want to admit it or not, we are all searching for "the one." Can we blame us? We've been programmed to believe in soulmates and happily ever after since childhood. Is there any truth to it? Yes and no. 

When it comes to love, what we have to realize is that it comes in all colors, shapes, and sizes. No love is the same, just like no person is the same. So, when do we know we've found the right love? Is it those butterflies in our stomach when we hear that name? Is it the fireworks we feel at the slightest contact? Is it our sudden and strange urge to be near this person more than any other person? I don't think so. 

Most people who have been in a relationship long enough will admit that the butterflies fly away, and Fourth of July can't last all your life. Clearly, if those things don't last, trusting the future of your love life on such things isn't full proof. So what is? 

Well, I've been toying with that a lot myself lately. I'm on the end of my divorce at the young age of 20, and I've had my fair share of heartaches. I'm currently in one of the most challenging  relationships of my life, and yet, I feel as if this is the strongest. So, I think I've got it. 

If you've read my previous posts, then you know my girlfriend is a quadriplefic. Everyday, I get her out of bed and dressed and whatever else she needs. And then at night, I get her back into bed. There are times when I think this frustrates us both, but I love her anyway. It's when she's sleepy and I pick her up and carry her to bed without even a mental complaint that I know she's the one. I think that's the answer you're looking for folks. 

The right love; the "true love" will be the love that loves you without conditions. You don't have to change a thing about yourself or give up the things that you love. This person loves you no matter what you do; this person loves you unconditionally, with or without the sparks. That's why it lasts because no matter how stinky your shit gets, they're still going to love you. 

So keep looking for that love. Keep looking for the person you don't want to change. Keep looking for the person who doesn't want to change you. And don't settle for less. You deserve that love. You deserve a love that still loves you when you're being a total ass for no reason. You deserve a love that doesn't give up on you, and makes sure you know they never will. Keep looking. That love is out there. 

1 comment:

  1. “The right love; the "true love" will be the love that loves you without conditions.”

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete